Thursday, August 27, 2009

Des Moines Racing


Ok, might as well go tear it up in Des Moines this weekend. I do question, however, my form, as I had a terrible ride Tuesday. My legs ached and felt heavy. I believe it just my body adjusting to the run and mountain bike workouts I did over the weekend. I imagine there are a lot of roadies whose form is tapering down. Most likely, the guys who really get into cyclocross are building up to a fitness peak around this time. Should be interesting.


Saturday is a 58 mile Pro, 1,2,3 race near Big Creek in Polk City. Then Sunday I will enter two events during the East Village Crit. I believe there is some sort of hill that might change the dynamic as opposed to flat course, but still six corners of crit-style racing. I think I will enjoy hanging out in the heart of our state's capitol.


Not sure what to expect, but I will report back on the experience once I return. At the very least I am going to get some good training and enhanced fitness, but there isn't any reason why I can't bring back some noteworthy results as well. I will have fun trying either way.

3 comments:

Bird said...

I'm a bit bummed that you are starting to vagin back up. Just when I thought you are becoming a man, you say, your form is off. You might not even go to the hammer because of family. Or John Grice is there. Who is that guy anyways. You can beat his ass. You just can't beat Bryce Mead

Chad Bishop said...

Bird,

Though I do appreciate the phrase 'vagin back up' and plan to start using it in future conversations, I guess you misunderstood, that I am planning on going to the Hammer, but have to get back home after that.

I can imagine B-Me's TT is faster (I would hope so, considering he is a 'pro'), but I would be interested to see the result if he did the 5k run as well.

Maybe he will refain from 'vagining up' and enter the individual competition?

For those innocent readers caught in the crossfire of this good-humored trash talking, you might actually want to check out that Dixon Crit, seems worth the drive...
http://www.dixonil.com/mainstreet/RR_Criteium_Dixon_info

Doug said...

Ah, trash talk away, B-Me is old and slow, you can kick his butt :).