Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Superweek - Day Two - Bucyrus

Great course, good field, well organized, unfortunately for me it only took a few pedal strokes to predict a field sprint... this sort of drained my enthusiasm, but still had a good time.  The course was a short one at only 28 miles (took just over an hour).

Racing against these master's is like playing chess with myself... everyone knows each other's moves and seems to have similar skills.  Having raced agressively yesterday only to have everything brought back together, I decided to try the opposite, and sit in... hmm, that seemed to be everyone else's plan too... go figure. Jeff Bradley and Lou W. of Iowa have joined in on the tour and are also listed on the results.

This race ended up being more of a casual affair, and inspired me to enter the Pro 1,2 race today in Milwaukee.  It is the Lake Front Road Race.  It is on my 'bucket list' to enter a regional pro 1,2 event, so might as well give it a go.   I am hoping for some good training for the upcoming Iowa state road race.  This is a 93 mile event with two noteworthy climbs and will have guys from all over the world (Columbia, Australia, etc.). 

I have realistic ambitions, just hoping to be listed amongst the finishers, but more imporantly, I just want to feel like I got a chance to race my ass off.  If I pull off to the side of the road deliriously exhausted, I will have a smile on my face the whole car ride home. Of course, I hope this happens just after the finish of the race not during, but I will take what I can get, as I have no idea what to expect... racing at this level is entirely new to me.

No comments: