Thursday, September 30, 2010

FALLing

Hmm, not much going on... I finally got some breathing room today at work. I actually took a deep breath and enjoyed the feeling of having gotten my life caught up.  I think the recession is over... seriously, people are starting to feel comfortable about spending money again, and this means I am busier, and eventually richer.  I really do think the economic situation was caused by the gas prices shooting up to $4.00 a few years ago.  It just took awhile to have its effect.  People drove just as much, only had less money because they were spending $80 at the pump.

Anyway, everytime I have gotten some free time, I start considering training for cyclocross.  I have been merely maintaining my an active and healthy fitness lifestyle, not improving my cycling specific efficiencies. Feels like my cycling motivation is 'falling'.

Maybe it is wierd, but I love indoor training.  I am in the process of ordering a top of the line treadmill and exrercise bike.   I can't really justify training inside right now because it is too nice out.

I really do wonder if I am going to race anymore on my bike this year.  My cross bike sucks... I am sure of it.  The frame geometry is odd, the tires are too thin (28mm, while everyone else seems to be rolling on 32 or 35mm), the wheels aren't true, the brakes squeak, the power transfer is suspect...  maybe it is just the guy riding it.  I hop on other people's cross bikes from time to time, and they ride more like road bikes.  Mine seems to ride like a cross-trainer bike that my grandma would appreciate. I've seen pictures of me in races, I look goofy on that bike.  I raise the seat but it always lowers after a ride or two.

All for now... now back to enjoying my Fall.

No comments: