Thursday, October 14, 2010

Trying something new...

Ok, it is not so much what I AM doing, but what I am NOT doing... which is racing cross this year.  Feels odd, but I have some areas of my life that I neglected over the spring/summer from all the training I did.  I feel like the work was totally worth it, and now it is time to enjoy my accomplishments, and get caught upwith some other things.

I really did have a bad experience at the first cross race of this year, bobbers CX.  It was cold and crappy and so was I .  Just not meant to be this year.
Specifically, I have been working on launching a new website for my freelance video production company Dreampost Media Services.  Of interest to cyclists, I posted a clip from the 2008 Melon City Criterium.  This clip features yours truly commentating, and the "DOMinator" (dominic moraniec) winning the cat three event. I originally broadcast this on Muscatine Cable.  Check it out.

I am staying in shape, and back to my old pattern of building upper body muscle... yes, I will probably frantically try and get rid of it this spring, but I can't help looking 'normal' and possibly more appealing to the female species for a few months.

Once I get back at the cycling training, my focus will be on building the most expansive VO2max possible within my genetic limitations.   I will be using every scientific training methodolgy I can think of to accomplish this goal. 

Please excuse a slight break in the frequency of my posts. I will ramp it back up this winter as I begin training for 2011.

2 comments:

Jeff Paul said...

Congrats on an awesome season Chad! Enjoy the rest. You'll be ready for even bigger in 2011. I would love to get out for some weekend rides with you come spring. My website address changed to www.dreambigjp.net due to a problem too big to explain. I really appreciate you having linking my site with yours.
- Jeff Paul

Chad Bishop said...

Jeff,

Yeah, if you want to be the best you have to train with the best...
or something like that.

Shoot me an email next year.