Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Suicidal Grasshoppers.

Somebody really wanted me to enter the Harvest Hammer based on the comments from my previous blog... It didn't work out this year, maybe next year, seems like a great event. Based on the results, I believe I was looking at another second place, as John Grice posted a nice result.

Well, I am recovering from my 'mental injury', even thinking about training again. As I rode today, I enjoyed seeing grasshoppers on the road almost every few seconds. Some of them made an effort to get of my way, others just remained calm, and hoped for the best, but a few launched themselves directly into my wheels...

The weekday training rides are setting with the sun, so need to adjust things completely. I suppose I have to get my mountain bike out, I wonder if loud thunder's trails are finally open after that wind storm trashed the area.

I added Tyree William's blog to my list... he is a die hard cyclo-crosser, so good reading if you need some fall season motivation. He is, allegedly, on the same team as me, though I don't see him until the fall, as he has sworn off all other forms of competitive cycling.

I am planning on riding two centuries this weekend, one on saturday (Challenge ride in wilton, IA), and group club ride on Sunday. Going from 30 miles last week to 250 this week should get me back in some sort of shape to hang strong at a few Cat 1,2,3 cyclocross races. I will use this weekend to officially decide if I am going to 'cross it up' or just keep doing push-ups in the basement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your a lame duck for not going to harvest hammer. 2nd place or not showing up still makes you the first loser

Chad Bishop said...

Well, yes, I did take a break from racing, but this seems natural, really can anyone really race at 100% the entire year? I could have raced the harvest hammer but I wasn't in top form, so really didn't seem to be a good fit this year. I do appreciate your efforts to increase attendance at the event, nothing bad can be said about promoting fitness and friendly competition. Thanks for reading.

Anonymous said...

Dude you did what 20 races this year Cat 3 races at that so did you even race? Toughen up. It wasn't a long year