Sunday, November 8, 2009

New ride... sort of.

Well, with the Hawks ahead by 10 in the first quarter Saturday, I headed out for a 60miler on my new set-up, assuming that Iowa would easily beat Northwestern to keep their perfect record.  Speaking of perfect, the weather was sweet, especially for November.  I had no choice but to put some miles on my new 2010 Madone Red set-up...

Due to a warranty situation, I ended up getting hooked up with a 2010 frame to replace my 2009 that had cracked a bit.  Trek made plenty of improvements for 2010, like being 1/3 pound lighter, stiffer (more power transfer), and improved vertical compliance (less bumpy).  The cabling is more internal creating sleek lines.  I also like the duotrap speed/cadence sensor option that is built into the frame, not too mention the ability to utilize Shimano's Di2 electronic shifting.

Well, this set-up will give me the most advantages at criteriums that involve accelerating and cornerning, or road races with climbing and break-aways...but I can say that I had a nice ride.  Can't wait to tear it up next spring.

2 comments:

Doug said...

You cracked the frame???? Diet time :). No more pop for you.

Chad Bishop said...

funny Doug...