Wednesday, November 11, 2009

H1N1...OHNO(bronchitis)...Iowa Rider of Year Cat 3/3rd...

Crap, I've got some sort of flu... I had recieved regular flu shots so thought it was H1N1, but researching on webmd, seems to be acute bronchitis... that takes 2 weeks to clear. That might put an early end to the cyclocross season...

I was happy to have recieved a trophy for 3rd place in the 2009 Cat 3 Iowa Rider of the Year series. I had quite a few missed opportunities in 2009 as far as road races and crits go, but was solid as a Cat 3 in the Time Trial, Cyclocross and Roller Race events on the IBRA calendar that I entered  Maybe 2010 things will go my way in all the disciplines... or maybe I will cough up my infected lung, curl up in a ball, and die so as to avoid this achy feeling.

5 comments:

Doug said...

I want your wheels if you don't make it! Your bike would be too big for me :).

Doug said...

I doubt you would have the H1N1 flu, you are too old and in good health.

Yeah, it might be a flu coming on... this could be bad.... this could turn into bronchitis, and finally viral pneumonia.

Yeah, this really sucks, you are going to be coughing a lot. It has been nice knowing you, do not forget, I still want your wheels....

Doug said...

But you know what, I could sell the bike on eBay... I'll tell you what. I want the bike and the wheels if you don't make it. I'll put a junk set of wheels on the bike and sell the bike on eBay :).

And enjoy the race wheels at races, on my bike :).

Ok, I'll stop now :).

Chad Bishop said...

it feels like I have a lung injury... I am constantly coughing. I looked up acute bronchitis on webmd, and that seems to be it. so dr. doug your diagnosis is correct, but stops short of pneumonia, so I don't think I am going to have worry about who to donate my wheels to. unfortunately, bronchitis takes two to three weeks to pass... I guess that puts an end to the cyclocross season, unless this clears up soon.

Doug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.