Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gunfight in Galena

Accepting the 2011 State Gravel Championship medals from Landon Beachy.
Well, me and four other American Equity teammates (Paul, Lou, Carson & JJ) are heading to Galena for the inaugural Tour of Galena.  It starts with a short Time Trial prologue followed by a hilly 89 mile road race on Saturday...  The event concludes on Sunday with a Criterium in downtown Galena. This is an omnium event, so prizes will be awarded for the best results overall, as well as within the individual disciplines.

The time trial is not suited specifically toward aero gear, so my TT bike will continue to gather dust.  My fitness seems to be a bit off right now... I got dropped on a group ride the other day, and haven't been able to put in a solid field test all year... I know I am healthy and fit, however, so I am not really 'worried' just keeping my expectations in check until further notice.  I am sure that I will have a rewarding experience regardless, as this event is geared towards team tactics.  Specifically, it looks like the 'gunfight' will include ABD Cycling, Bianchi/Grand Performance, Synergy and XXX racing... all of which will have a team representation.

2 comments:

john said...

Chad - Good luck with the Galena event. Good job in the State Gravel race. I really like the picture below.
John

Carson said...

Don't worry about the fitness, it's there. We are gonna have a blast!