Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall Season Riding


Me, Paul, and Lou riding the trail system in Iowa City before the Tuesday Night Training Ride at College Park.
As I write this, the beta-alanine in my pre-workout energy drink is burning my ears and making my skin flush... if you know what this feels like, my apologies, because you are a freak too...  hopefully you don't, and you just read this blog to feel better about the fact that you don't feel compelled to get wired and then punish yourself for a crime you didn't commit.

Regardless of the situation, the itching of my skin is an indication that I must be anticipating some sort of racing yet this fall... I think so... The 100 mile Gritty Brevet is this weekend in Iowa City.  Put on by 30th Centurty Bicycle Shop.  It isn't a 'race' but will be a maximal effort for me to end up finishing the event without getting lost, having a ride-ending equipment issue,  and/or succombing to a fitness bonk.  Of course, anytime a bunch of dudes with USAC licenses pin on numbers, there will be some sort of testosterone-induced tempo accelerations. 

I am running out of reasons not to do a couple of cyclo-cross races, so probably line up for a few...  though it won't be in the Open class, rather the "Give Me a Break... I am just trying to stay in shape Class".  It was suggested that if I un-hooked my brakes I would probably do a lot better in cyclo-cross races... I might try that, so please don't follow my wheel, as it will surely be heading straight into the woods on some of the tighter corners.

No comments: