Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stimulating my economy...

The stars aligned perfectly to motivate the purchase of the latest acquistion to my bicycle collection.... the RACE BIKE...

I am excited to have a top of the line Trek Madone 6.5 Pro that features a 'Red' Carbon Frame and Botrager/Shimano Components. I was immediately interested in the 2009 Project One line up when I noticed they had this stock color scheme that perfectly matched my racing kit.

Also exciting is that my old Madone 5.0 now takes on it's newest role as a Training/Rain/Winter bike. I believe with this acquisition (should arrive in a few weeks) I will now have every necessary bike:

  1. Road Racing Bike
  2. Road Training/Rain Bike
  3. Cyclocross Bike
  4. Mountain Bike
  5. Time Trial Bike
  6. Recreational/Bar Bike

I can only imagine someone will probably try and steal it, just like what happened to Lance's Time Trial bike at the Tour of California... Maybe I will have to store it in my basement vault for awhile, until it cools off a bit.

It took several years and thousands of dollars, but the collection will be complete. Now all I need to acquire is a LIFE. Still chasing...

No comments: