Thursday, February 12, 2009

update just for the sake of updating

Give me a break, it is winter in Iowa... I am struggling to think about what to write, however, I would like to keep this blog alive, as I believe it can be the Hub of Iowa/Illinois Cat 3 racing this year, since I plan to be wherever the action is at, race-wise most of the season.

So, I will put up this update that is basically about nothing... you might want to refrain from reading any more, as this will be time spent that you can never get back.

KENT PARK... Ok, registration is officially open. That sort of gives a bit of a spark to the training. I am glad that I get to start just that much sooner in the order of dismissal, jumping up to the Cat 3 group, having raced Cat 4 last year. I may even be able to catch the Cat 1/2 group before they get to the first hill, assuming I unleash everything I have from the start.

ROLLER RACE CHAMPIONSHIPS...With just 2 more races left, I am still in first place for the cat 3 series. That would be a great way to start 2009. I will most likely have to bust out something miraculous at the final race to secure the Gold, because the second place competitor, Shawn Loomis, is 'looming' right behind and most likely plans on doing everything possible to win the series.

DIRTY ROAD SERIES... I find myself thinking about my cross bike from time to time. I usually don't ride it until September, but it is going to earn it's keep in my garage earlier this year, as I plan on doing at least one of these gravel/road 50 mile races. I wonder who will show up... Is this the new series of early season 'tune-up' races to get everyone ready for the unofficial spring opener at Kent Park?

1 comment:

Doug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.