Thursday, August 13, 2009

Almost time for Cross (training) & MPV Update

I am excited to announce that after this weeks State TT, I will be adding running to my training regimine. Why? You may ask... well I have a top secret race that I am training for that involves running and cycling. More on that later, but I can say I have a good chance of winning that event overall, in the individual categoy, if I can get my 5k run time down to a respectable level. I have over a month to get ready. This is also a great build up to any cyclocross racing I may do. (Below... 2008 Spooky Cross)
I should be ready for this Sunday's State Time Trial Championships. Not the most glamorous of events in that there aren't any spectators, cash payouts, trophies, daring tactics, team glory, dramatic finishes etc. In fact, they hand out the medals next to a big pile of salt as we all stand around, avoiding mud puddles.

But the glory of setting and realizing goals, not to mention having an accomplishment to hang your hat on the rest of the year, makes it all worth it.

I like racing Time Trials, because of the amount of control I have over the results. It's all about training, VO2 Max, sustained power, nutrition, aero gear, mental toughness and genetic capabilties. And, of course, having a powerful TT engine does come in handy from time to time in criterium and road races (not often, but sometimes).

I sort of focused on crit racing this year, which didn't completly workout according to plan, however I believe I have set the stage for a great 2010 season, as I have now become a very well rounded cyclist.
------------
Well, I field tested my MPV aspirations (Male Pattern Vaginitis) and was sort of getting some odd reactions from the females I explained this to. I realized talking about Vaginitis to a female is sort of like talking about getting kicked in the nuts to a male. Both are topics, respectively that each gender sort of cringes upon.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Run fast. Oh, bring your sister to cheer you on!

And what did the girls say about getting you a data?

Chad Bishop said...

Doug, thanks, I think swapping out one of my bike workouts for a run workout will fit my schedule better, and freshen up my motivation. My sister would be sleeping, but maybe I will wake her up. She enjoyed drinking beer and cheering me up the hills as some of those spectator friendly cyclocross events last year.