Saturday, January 9, 2010

Muscatine Roller Race

The 2010 racing/training season is officially underway, as I competed in a roller race today, in my hometown of Muscatine, Ia.    We had a decent turnout, especially for the Master's 40+ division.  There were four entrants in the Cat 1/2/3 division:  Chris Reed, Paul Deninger, Tracy Thompson and myself.  I was able to post a solid time of 5:16.8, which was good enough for 1st place overall.  I also got a chance to test out my new internet video camera... you can anticipate some more video clips in my 2010 race reports.
Below is my entire race...



...John Sulzberger finishing up his Cat 4 race, just over 6 minutes.



... Tracy Thompson during the middle of his Cat 2 race... his effort was good for second place overall.



... Fellow team mate Greg Harper and Bob Hayes tearing it up on the rollers during Saturday's race...



Full Results:
Senior 1,2,3

Chad Bishop 5:16.8
Tracy Thompson 5:26.6
Paul Denninger 5:42.9
Chris Reed 5:59.2

Senior 4
Travis Jass 5:32.1
Jon Sulzberger 6:03.4

Senior 5
Mark Beatty 6:25.1

Women
Kathleen Porter 8:51.8

Masters 40+
Mark Beatty 5:46.4
Tracy Thompson 6:02.4
Greg Harper 6:09.1
John Adamson 6:15.6
Dave Hammer 6:28.6
Richard Gilmore 6:43.3
Larry Howe 6:44.4
Randy Catron 6:58.0
Terry Grapentine 7:19.3
Bob Hayes 7:38.1
Vern Rotert 7:48.3

5 comments:

Carson said...

Great ride Chad! Keep it up

Doug said...

You need to try doing an interview while they ride :)...

How does this event work? Are they seeing how far they can go in a certain amount of time? Or ride X number of miles and the fastest wins? There seemed to be a fair number of people there.

The video resolution is very nice, a clear image.

Hey, computerized rollers... didn't know they made something like that.

Chad Bishop said...

doug,

You race for 2 miles, and the times are recorded and organized accordingly, just like a time trial.

The best time to interview someone is the first few seconds after they finish...when they are completely exhausted, with little oxygen getting to their brains. I could just barely tell you my own name, right after I finish.

This is a great anaerobic interval.

Doug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doug said...

Sweet, go for the interview; in fact how about a whole reality TV show out of the series?

But rollers... my balance is not good enough... I'll take the trainer wimp out option...