Thursday, January 7, 2010

Upper Body Workouts

I have been focusing more on upper body work this winter.  I understand that the added muscle mass could be a liability with respect to cycling this spring, but for now, I am motivated to 'look' as healthy as a feel. 

Maybe this training approach will actually be better than last year, as I have more recovery between cycling workouts... not sure, but we will soon find out as I have a series of roller races over the next three weeks.

Below is a clip from my attempt at benching 220 pounds. My form was horrible, and this was actually sort of dangerous to do without a spotter.  A can attribute the whole lapse of judgement to a case of 'cabin fever'.

1 comment:

Doug said...

That was cool. It is odd to see a video of a blogger. 220... you are far stronger then me.