Friday, March 11, 2011

Time Trial Fitting Chronology

My cousin is an engineer at the Trek facility in Waterloo, Wisconsin.  This is a great coincidence and provides for some interesting seasonal conversations, and occassionally an opportunity to be a product tester.  This year, he asked me to test out some Race X-Lite TT Handlebars that he is helping to develop.  To that end, I spent some time installing the bars and fine tuning my TT fit. 

I have been racing long enough that I can occassionaly post retro-pics.  I was looking through older photos, to see how my TT position may have evolved:
The Dice 20kTT, May 2007, probably my first Time Trial... Yikes, there is plenty of room for improvement
I got a TT bike in 2008... Now I am starting to get serious.
My 2011 position is much more agressive and aerodynamic.  I am wearing the American Equity/Velosport 2011 Kit.
 GRAY AERODOME HELMET
The picture above also includes my new Gray Aerodome Helmet... I am really excited about how much more comfortable it feels compared to my previous helmet.  Even the chinstrap has a soft pad to insure comfort.  I want to be able to focus on my performance, not attend to nagging equipment issues, so this is appreciated.

BURLINGTON ROAD RACE
One of the races I am looking forward to is the 2011 Burlington Road Race, as part of the Memorial day weekend races.  Rumor has it that the Wapello Iowa has decided that they don't want cyclist in their town anymore, so the race directors are completely by-passing this location.  I believe this will make for a better race situation for everyone, actually.  Especially the Cat 3/4's and Cat 5's, who would have been in the Wapello-Burlington version of this event.  The end of this race was always hectic, with carnage every year at the sprint.  The race was always completely uneventful until the last mile, when the center-line rule was no longer in effect, and all hell broke loose...

2006 WapBurl RR: I am in the far left (yellow helmet), looking on as two DICE guys hit the deck...ouch.

No comments: