Tuesday, May 1, 2012

T-TIME

I re-read that previous post...  maybe a bit dramatized...  but keep in mind that blogs are basically journals that document thoughts and feelings at a particular point in time.   I feel much better today.

"T-Time"

1) Team - Somehow I want to get more involved with the team aspects of the sport.  I tend to isolate myself, even though I am wearing the same jersey as some other guys, I still don't quite 'get it'...  This will come over the course of the season as I get to know the other guys a bit more.   However, I will need to make a conscious effort to not be so self-centered

2) Training - I really got off track with these last few races.  I work best with a solid training routine.  The races were supposed to be a part of my training mesocycle, however things didn't go according to plan... If I follow the plan I have created using my knowledge and experience I will be able to reach peak fitness in six to eight weeks...

3) Thinking - My head is messed up. If you hopped inside my brain during a race you would probably experience an involuntary bowel movement, as it would be frightening at first.  I am used to it, but it still severly limiting my potential.  Thankfully,  there are some cognitive-behavioral tools that I can utilize to get this back under control.

4) Tactics - I have to promise myself to start really executing tactical racing strategies.   I often ignore the tactics of a race because my head is so pre-occupied worrying about other things.  If I can calm my brain down, I can let my intelligence surface.   I am good at chess, I can be good at bike racing. 

5) Technique - I really don't feel connected to my new bike, nor my new wheels.  I will have to start riding it more.

6) Too Legit To Quit - I need to keep my s*^t together and not take things so seriously... it is just  bike racing... I do it for fun and to stay healthy...  also, I think MC Hammer is due for a come back.

No comments: