Friday, April 17, 2009

Iowa Racing Starts

This Sunday I will start the 2009 Iowa Road Racing Season by entering the Cat 3 Eagle Point Criterium in Dubuque, Ia. We do 20 laps of a 1mile course that has some cornering and inclines, but is basically just plain fast.

Three of the top four Cat 3's from this race last year are all cat 2’s this year, so should be interesting to see who upgraded from the four’s to fill the void. A three man breakaway (moritz, adam price and ryan Jacobsen) slipped ahead last year, and I was the only one doing any chasing. I couldn’t catch them with Andrew F. and Will G. of 'Bikes To You' blocking, and had nothing left for the sprint, so really didn’t go well for me finishing 9th out of 13.

2008 Cat 3 Results:
Bryan Moritz
Ryan Jacobsen
Adam Price
Andrew Fagersten
Chris Reed
Dominic Moraniec
David Reyes
William Ford
Chad Bishop
Ian Robinson
William Greenwood
Kelly Steele
Spenser Oswald

E agle Point is a race to look forward to, and hopefully things go a little better for me this year. I will be interested to see how well my training has or has not prepared me for this event.

3 comments:

Doug said...

I am calling it now, you will get 2nd buy two inches, and you will win a $25 prime.

Chad Bishop said...

Yes, 2nd place would be a very familiar result, thanks for the vote of confidence. I will probably pass on the prime, though, unless it is handed to me.

Doug said...

How did you turn out today? I had a back of the pack finish.