Friday, February 5, 2010

Chad Bishop - 2010 Racing Schedule

I had a chance to plan out my tentative 2010 racing schedule.  I am sure that I won't be able to do all of them... I may even do a couple that aren't listed here, and maybe a 5k running event every once in awhile so I can keep in touch with my 'inner Duathlete'.   Laying this schedule out has started to bring things into focus with respect to training...  I will start keeping track of my weight a bit  and slowly ween myslelf off of the upper-body routines as the weather permits more outdoor milage.

2010 RACING SCHEDULE - CHAD BISHOP - HARPER'S CYCLING RACING TEAM

Feb. 28th Frostbuster 15 Roller Race   Kalona
Mar.6th Iowa Spring Classic #1-GRAV   Grinnel
Mar. 13th Iowa Spring Classic #2-GRAV   Iowa City
Mar.21st Scott Co. Park #1 RR   ParkView
Mar. 28th Kent Park RR   Tiffin
April 10th Hillsboro-Roubaix RR   Hillsboro, IL
April 11th Scott Co. Park #2 RR   ParkView
April 18th Eagle Point - CRIT   Dubuque
April 23rd Iowa City - TT   Iowa City
April 24th Iowa City - RR   Iowa City
April 25th Iowa City - CRIT   Iowa City
May 9th Iowa City – TT #1   Iowa City
May 16th QCBC 20k - TT   Barstow, IL
May 23rd Spring Into Spring - DUATHLON   Mt. Joy
May 29th Snake Alley - CRIT   Burlington
May 30th Melon City – CRIT   Muscatine
May 31st Quad Cities - CRIT   Rock Island, IL
June 5th - Ill. State Championship TT - Coleta, IL
June 6th Iowa City – TT #2   Iowa City
June 18th Rose Festival – CRIT   State Center
June 20th Rose Festival - RR   State Center
June 21-24 Tour of Dairyland – (6Races)   Wisconsin
June 25 Marion - CRIT   Marion
June 26 State Champs - CRIT   Cedar Rapids
June 27 Squaw Creek - RR   Marion
July 10 BBQ Blues - CRIT   Clear Lake
July 11 BBQ Blues - RR   Clear Lake
July 17th ABR Champs – RR (Mississippi Bluffs)   Rapid City, IL
July 18th ABR Champs – TT   Cordova, IL
July 25th Iowa City – TT #3  Iowa City
Aug 7th Iowa State Champs – RR   West Branch
Aug 8th Grinnel - CRIT   Grinnel
Aug. 15th Iowa State Champs - TT   Nichols - OR- Du State Duathlon -  Loud Thunder, IL
Aug. 21st Big Creek - RR   Des Moines
Aug. 22nd East Village – CRIT   Des Moines
Sept. 18th DICE - CROSS   Quad Cities
Sept. 19th Harvest Hammer Duathlon   Morisson, IL - OR- Iowa City CROSS   Iowa City
Oct. 10th DICE - CROSS   Quad Cities
Oct. 16th Iowa City - CROSS   Iowa City
Oct. 17th DICE - CROSS   Quad Cities
Nov. 7th DICE - CROSS   Quad Cities
Nov. 26-28 Jingle Cross Rock   Iowa City (Very Tentative... I usually am completely burnt out by this time)

9 comments:

Bird said...

Put this race on your schedule
Coleta Il. TT 27km. June 5th Saturday. Bryce Mead is the promoter and I promise you, this is the hardest TT in the midwest.
It's on the ABR website.

Doug said...

Wow, Chad you have WAY too much time on your hands...

...you need a second job, two ex-wives, and be pursuing a PhD in psychology :).

Doug said...

So, if I were to come to one (1) race on that list, which would it be???????????

Snake Alley? I have always thought about doing Snake Alley. Even though I can not climb for anything...

Chad Bishop said...

Bird,
Ok, I put that on my schedule, as I think my TT form has potential this year, and don't mind helping to spread the word about the race. I may not be able to make it, but feel free to send me any updated info later in the year.
Also, I attended that Harvest Hammer Duathlon and won the individual category overall... never heard anything from you, as I thought you were a fan of that race... Bryce had a really impressive ride to win the team competition as well. I was still about half mile from my bike when I saw him blazing down the road...

Chad Bishop said...

Doug,
Hmm, I imagine your interest in a Pscyh degree has something to do with your experiences with the ex-wives... I would figure punishing yourself on a training ride would be a great way to handle women troubles, not to mention get you in great shape to help attract or maintain additional women troubles.

Yeah, I do race/train a bit obsessively... trying to fill some sort of void, perhaps, but the cycling lifestyle continues to be very gratifying...

Doug said...

Well, my sister is getting her Pscyh degree, that was where that idea came from.

And you didn't make a race recommendation....

Chad Bishop said...

Races...

You'd probably want to make a weekend of it, so three to consider are
1) Iowa City RR/Crit - April 24/25
2) SnakeAlley/Muscatine/QC crits/May 29/30/31
3)BBQ Blues Crit/RR - July 10th

I also really enjoyed the Tour of Dairlyand in Wisc.

Ultimately, the ONE race I recommend is the memorial day weekend events that include Snake Alley, Melon City Crit and Quad Cities Crit.

Doug said...

Yeah, the memorial day weekend races I have been thinking about doing for the last four years or so.

Now that Tour of Dairyland also looks cool. I followed it online last year and it look very fun.

...man so many races...

A. Turner said...

Looks like a jam-packed schedule.

I like seeing the Tour of America's Dairyland on there too! I'll be up there as well!

Good luck, and let the season begin!