Monday, February 22, 2010

5 minute barrier broken

I devote time each winter to participating in  2 mile indoor time trials called 'roller races.    Until now, no one has been able to get a time lower than 5minutes.  However, last Sunday in Ames, Iowa this barrier was overcome twice by  Shawn Loomis and Jerome Rewerts who posted times of 4:58 and 4:59 respectively, awesome...

This definately will fuel my future workouts, as envisioning these guys pulling away from the pack on the open road this spring is great motivation to train harder.  I will enter one last roller race this Sunday.   I got a 5:12.0 at the last roller race I entered in January, but perhaps I have improved my fitness a bit since then, and an even better time is within my grasp.  Not sure I can get a sub-5 minute time, sounds too painful, but it will be worth a shot.

No comments: