Saturday, February 20, 2010

Holding on to the record for now...

Sort of noteworthy... the race director for this Sunday's Ames Roller Race is actually providing a cash incentive to beat my current overall men's Roller Race Record of 5:01.4 for the 2 mile TT:

"A bonus of $20 to beat the

http://bikeworldiowa.com/articles/fastest-roller-races-by-category-pg525.htm
fastest recorded time for a category and an additional bonus of $30 more to beat
the overall men's, women's, or tandem record. "

Two guys Shawn Loomis and Travis Jass have posted times really close, and they will probably both be there Sunday... not great for me that this extra incentive might help push them past their limits...
The other barrier yet to be broken is to for someone to get a time under 5 minutes in this event.  I have come the closest, but Shawn Loomis posted a 5:01.9 this year, so it is definately within his reach this year.

Personally, I feel like I am in good form to post a great time at the last roller race Sunday the 28th.  I will be very interesed to see how the results pan out at this Ames race.  Could make for an interesting showdown in Kalona, with many other strong competitors posting their final efforts before the switch to outdoor training. Pictured below is the Cat 3 State Champs Roller Podium from 2009 (top 3 race average).

1 comment:

Doug said...

Tandem record?

Ok, I want to see the picture of two people on a tandem bike on rollers... I don't even think they make rollers that big...