Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Still Sore, you gotta be kinding me.

I ended up taking Sun, Monday and Tuesday off due to soreness/sickness from the State RR. I felt fine Sunday, but got sick Monday and Tuesday, even called into work. I wasn't kidding when I said I was a bit under trained to race 108 miles. No regrets though, I am feeling good and back on track today. Plus, I got my first IA State Champs Medal as a Cat 3.

Below is picture of Andrew F. and Lee V. of Bikes 2 You just after the feed zone as we started that fateful final lap. I am pictured just behind sucking on the single bottle that I had just gotten from the ICCC feed coordinator. I nearly finished it right then and there, causing me much concern, not certain if I would get help at the mid point feed zone. Also of note, the follow car was still behind me, so in theory, still 'chasing' the field.

Next up is the Iowa State Time Trial Championships in Nichols this weekend. I was tearing it up earlier in the year posting some good times and fast average speeds. Haven't ridden the TT bike much since then, but I would assume I should still be able to finish near the top overall.

I will most likely enter the Cat 3 division (not age group). Whether I get a Gold in that depends on who shows up, and how I perform, but definately a possiblity. I will be disappointed if I at least don't get the bronze, considering how much potential I seemed to have earlier on.

My picks for the overall winner in the 2008 Iowa State TT championship: Sean Walker, Josh Madsen, Paul Denninger, Lou Waugaman, JJ Bailey.

Last year Paul D. won with Sean Walker in second and Nate Moenck in third.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul is in Leadville