Thursday, October 29, 2009

Psychlofest 2009


Well, I am still racing around a bit this fall, just sort of notched things down a bit to allow for a busier fall semester and training focus shift.  My newest fitness goal involves achieving a more well rounded physique, so I am hitting the weights pretty hard, keeping just enough bike fitness to be somewhat competitive. 

I don't have many local group training options, so I have re-constructed my basement into an elaborate pain-cave for workouts.

I did attend the 2nd Dice cyclocross event (results/info).  The guys that compete in cross seem to be pretty strong at it.  I surmise that cross has been around long enough, at this point, to have filtered out the roadies and mountain bikers who have tried it, but opted to take the season off due to dissapointing results.

 My results are sort of disappointing, however I thoroughly appreciate the training aspects of the races, so will continue to race a handful of times each fall.

There is a three way tie for 2nd in the Master's 30+ DICE series, so I am hoping to be able to enter the other two races in the series, and break the tie in my favor. 

This Psyclofest race is always unique. This year it included a very muddy and steep run up that brought most of us to a slippery crawl toward the end of the race.  Here I can be seen right after the terrain/grade forced me to dismount and begin slogging up the slope.

No comments: