Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall workouts

What is up with Lance lately?...
He must be doing some major upper body cross-training.  I guess that sort of reminds me that this is a good time of the year to get back to the ol' push-up and circuit training routines.  It can be frustrating to try and maintain the same amount of outdoor mileage as in the spring and summer, so mixing in some upper-body work and indoor cardio routines is great for the mind and the soul.
Well, most likely doing the sugar bottom scramble mountain bike race this Sunday near Iowa City, IA.  No pressure there, as I have never raced my Mountain Bike before.  It is old and will probably rattle apart by the end of the race (my bike not my body).

2 comments:

Doug said...

Well, if your bike comes apart on you, then that is just an excuse to go buy a new one :).

Yeah, I need to get back into the gym... I have not really ridden any since Labor Day...

Carson said...

That picture was from when he was "retired" from cycling and was running a lot. He had to lose all that this year to get back to racing weight.