Friday, January 11, 2008

Inspiration comes in all sorts of places...

Ok, I will have to admit, seeing the roster for the new 'bikes 2 You' team got me a little apprehensive about the 2008 season (Chris Hansen, Finn Kolsrud, Will Greenwood, Andrew Fagersten, and Bryan Moritz, Sean Walker, Lee Venteicher, Tracy Thompson, and Josh Madsen). That is a completely 'stacked deck' of diehard athletes. I began picturing some of the potential team tactics that they would be able to pull off, and began to re-think my training. I decided to swap some of my running and free-weight workouts for more bike specific training.

A statement from team member chris hansen's blog " you other teams better have lots of padding in your shorts cause we're gonna stomp you asses," sort of sums up the potential for fun and games in 08. This new line-up will be a dominant force, and I am interested to see how they stack up against some of the other big teams like ICCC, Atlas/Core, DMOS All Nine Yards, Bike Tech, DICE, etc.

Their is usually only one or two members of my team at any given race, so team tactics aren't really apart of our vocabulary, but I will be sure to mark this new team, good luck.

No comments: