Friday, January 11, 2008

It's good to have a cousin at Trek


My cousin works at Trek in Wisconsin as a components engineer, so from time to time I get some good hook-ups. For example he has given me a set of bontrager Carbon Aero racing wheels, and a brand new set of Bontrager Race Lite wheels. I also got to hang out with the Livestrong camp at ragbrai and meet Steve HED, and Lance Armstrong (sort of). Recently, though, I got the best hook-up yet... a carbon Trek Time Trial Frame.
I always joked about adding a fifth bike to my stable, and a Time Trial bike was all that was missing. So, I have to buy a build kit, since obviously there are a few important pieces missing.
Probably go with Shimano Ultegra SL. Also, had already planned on getting my 'buck rogers' TT helmet from Giro, so 2008 should be interesting.
Hopefully, this new bike will motivate more miles each week, especially on the days that there aren't any group options.

No comments: