Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Perfect Pushups

Ok, I know, something just doesn't look quite right with this picture... I mean why am I wearing a helmet to do push-ups? Regardless, I have decided to start an upper body routine patterned off of these push-up gadgets. I recall reading an article where Lance Armstrong was speaking about some of the perks of retirement. He mentioned that he could finally do push-ups. You see, when he was a pro cyclist, having a built upper body really only meant extra weight to carry up the hills of the Tour de France.

Hmmm, I think I can handle a little extra weight, especially in the form of muscle. Though, I did enjoy using this 'dead weight' idea to justify why my free weights gathered dust all summer. The main inspiration though, is the fact that I am involved with the new MUSCATINE MULTISPORT club. And, the gear we are getting is sleeveless, so having a bird chest and pencil arms would be hard to conceal. Below are the templates of the skinsuit I ordered.

I did the navy seal routine sunday, and my triceps and chest are still too sore to workout again. I guess it was a good thing I started acknowledging my upper body. Now, don't look for 'big guns' to emerge from my tri-suit this summer. I am going to do the bare minimum for upper body. After training rides I really just don't feel like pushing myself up and down for multiple sets of 20.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chad

That's just wrong. Where did you find that head.

Wiford

Unknown said...

yea. there will be some fast ones that we haven't seen yet at the two races, but oh well, it will keep us guessing. Speed probably won't be as intense, but I don't want a huge pack finish!!

good job today