Monday, March 3, 2008

Outdoor Training

I got outside for the second time this year on Sunday, bringing my outdoor mileage total up to about 80 whopping miles for the year. It was windy, but not cold, and our group of four got in some good mileage.

I was very thankful after the workout that I made it to the outdoor group ride, as opposed to doing another indoor routine. I was able to assess my racing fitness, and see where I need some work. Nothing ground breaking, I need some hill work (no real way to get hill training indoors), and endurance (again, I can't stomach going longer than 90minutes on the trainier, so not in much shape for rides that go over 30 miles).

On the plus side, I am light (My morning weight was only 163.6lbs), so the other three guys seemed to roll away from me on the down hill sections (last year at this time, I was the heavy roller). And, I was't as winded as usual due to my cardio work on the treadmill. Also, I was strong on the flat headwind sections, an area I am focusing on due to my time trial aspirations.

Looks like some more crappy weather until the weekend, but at least a lot of the snow has melted.

No comments: