Friday, February 29, 2008

nothing to do but 'weight'

Here is a picture of me and Shawn Loomis at the roller racing season finale in cedar falls. Coming in second to this guy wasn't any big dea, considering he set the new state roller record by posting a 5min and 3 second result. In order to have beaten him, I would have had to achieve the state record, a feat which I don't believe will happen for quite some time, by anybody, because breaking the 'five minute' barrier is next to impossible. I am sure someone will get close in 2009.
So, the first two outdoor road races of the year have been cancelled, leaving me with not much to focus on, because I am waiting to get the rubber on the asphalt before I set any further fitness/race goals.
Keeping that in mind, I have been using this extra time to get down to race weight. Usually this happens during a fitness peak, mid season, as the increased mileage and racing trims down the physique. So, I am way ahead of schedule... oh well.
The way things are shaping up, mid march will be when we can all start actually logging regular outdoor miles.


No comments: