Friday, February 1, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday Showdown... Me vs. the Giants of Roller Racing.

Ok, Friday night, 8pm... nothing to do but blog? Yes, I do need a life, but since things aren't rockin socially as a 'thirty something' single guy, I might as well take advantage of what this can mean for my training. Essentially, I won't be out 'partying', staying up late, etc. Rather I can let my muscles recover and rebuild from the workout I gave them tonight.

I just got done on the roller's at the harper shop (team HQ). I was disappointed with my first ride (5:45) and thought maybe I was overtrained. I had planned on doing a second ride from the onset, so I was shooting for around 6 minutes for that ride. To my surprise I finished in 5:29 for the second ride. Doesn't make sense, except that I realized I must not have been warmed up properly for the first ride. Actually, with this new knowledge, I realize I have never been warming up properly, so I should be set for another PR this sunday up in cedar rapids for the roller race. I will use my new 'top secret warm up sequence' to get my muscles in perfect form for busting out the perfect 2 mile TT.

I am hoping for a 'pre-season fitness mini-peak'. And, sunday is the day. I should be able to wrap up the silver medal in the roller race champs, if I can get another sub 5:30 ride. Thank god for my cycling ambitions, otherwise I would just be some really bored guy bloggin on a friday night. I am much happier to be 'recovering' and 'preparing' for a sunday showdown. After this sunday, I will use february for Base Building, then welcome March for my high intensity prep work to get ready for the spring season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chad,
What's this smac?
You were a no show in CR!

Gman