Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Winter Wonderland

What a beautiful time to be alive and a resident of Iowa... frostbitten hands, runny noses, head colds, mud, blinding whiteness, ice, biting winds, dangerous driving conditions, event cancellations.... ok, I'll stop.

One good thing, I feel absolutely no pressure to ride outside, and since I actually enjoy indoor training, I sort of get a jump on competitors, considering most people aren't as happy about indoor traction action as I am.

Another good thing, when spring actually does begin to surface, we will all be completely ready, not taking it for granted, and should all be able to enjoy a huge surge in motivation.

So, I will go back into my hole with the groundhog until mid-march. Me and phil will be grinding out intervals, base-building, time trialing, roller racin, and even joggin on the tread mill. Ok, also snacking, drinking, binging, purging, sitting, sleepping, burping, sneezing, wheezing, coughing, grouning, moaning, aching, baking...

I started weighing each morning, which means I am starting to think about power to weight ratio. Not an issue on indoor rollers, obviously, but a considerable issue when trying to have success at some of the early spring 'tune-up' races. I seem to eat just a little better knowing I will have to answer to the scale the next day.

No comments: