Thursday, February 21, 2008

Race Weight

In an effort to further motivate my weight management efforts for this spring, I have opted to post my average weight for each week on this blog in the right column. I am perfectly fit and slender at 175 pounds, but this is considered 'fat' in the world of amateur racing, where every extra pound you carry up a hill is a huge liability.

I am about 5 foot 10 and 1/2 inches tall. If I can somehow average 165.5lbs (morning weight, naked and post-poop), I will be extremely lean (at least compared to the last few seasons of my racing). I started at about 174 in January, but didn't start weighing regularly until this week. I hope to be at 'race weight' by the end of March. Once April hits, it will be easy to maintain whatever weight I am at, because the outdoor mileage will be in full force.

If anyone has any similar weight goals or ideas, post them in the comments section. I am curious what other people are pulling off as 'race weights'.

No comments: