Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cyclocross Nutrition

Looks like I left last Sunday's Spooky Cross, just in time. I departed right after my race, but below are a series of photos from the Cat 1,2,3 race later in the day. These were taken on one of the leg burning uphills. As, you can see, riders were offered a variety of nutrional hand-ups to help throughout the race....

The offerings at this event mainly included beer, beef jerky, pizza, boone's farm (some sort of cheap wine), and keg cups(filled with who knows what). Occassionaly, a water bottle hand-up was witnessed, but that was rare.

Of course, most of the riders don't accept these generous offerings, at least not until the very last lap or after the finish. But, ultimately, everyone succombs...

I am still tentative about racing this Saturday at the Iowa State Cyclocross Championships, but currently looking like a go. If I don't go, I will still keep on track with my training, as the next 5 cyclocross races are within 45 minutes of my home, one of which being my top-secret 'goal' event.

Sounds like a good race in any event, with more good weather, but I can predict that the competition will be the toughest of the season, as many riders are approaching their late season fitness peaks.

No comments: