Friday, February 10, 2012

Fembots in the Feedzone

I appreciate all the effort that goes into putting on a cycling event... but I understand that all good things must come to an end....each year I see a couple races disappear from my calendar... they are usually replaced but just a quick thanks for the ones that seem to be gone (but not forgotten)...  FYI, if you bring them back, I promise to race in them... Thanks to all for your past and current efforts.

Two Bee Races: Conn Day and company put on lots of low key, yet challenging events that were instrumental in motivating and developing my early racing days.  I always thought the February races were noteworthy, due to the precarious weather.

DICE Races: These guys used to put on a ton of races...  I especially liked the Cody Park Race Series at Scott County Park, the Mississippi Bluffs Road Race and the Hummer Hammer.

Finford Roubaix: I won the my Cat 3 racing debut here, so I will always remember the race fondly...  Unfortunately, I also rode off of the course the next year, so I suppose I just wanted a chance to redeem myself.

Brent Mitchel and Steve Robinson share the Cat 3 podium in Finford.
Eagle Point Crit: I raced this event every year, and was excited to give it a try as a Cat 2, unfortunately the Dubuque club stopped promoting the event last year.  It was a great course, assuming you didn't clip your pedal. 
The Eagle Point Crit circled along the bluffs of the Mississippi.
Fortunately, I am able to have a hand in maintaining the Midwest bike racing scene.  I help promote the Melon City Criterium, and I am helping with the American Equity Racing Team's debut road race this July. We don't have all the details worked out, but it is going to be legendary...  I have proposed a 'shoot-out' format, and wild-west saloon maids to do the hand-ups...

Some of the guys are still insisting that we use Fembots for the feed zone... If we go the Fembot route, we will need to decide which one... what do you think?

2 comments:

john said...

Finchford - in some form is back on the schedule. The UNI team is promoting it - at this time I have no idea of the format.
Check your tubulars,
John

Chad Bishop said...

Good to hear about the UNI Race... hopefully it will sink up with my sked. I will pump my tubulars up to 220psi to get ready for turn 2.