Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rolling the Course

I sometimes wonder what advantages I might enjoy if I didn't read facebook posts and blogs... I always question what I am doing with respect to my training when I read updates from fellow cyclists...  should I be riding outside more?  is my cross training the right choice?  should I be working out more/less? why didn't I get invited to that ride? etc.

Well, I always come to the same conclusion, that I basically know what works for me, and am enjoying the process.  So, I am "Staying (Rolling) the Course"...

To that end, I will continue to enjoy the wonderful world of indoor fitness.  Speaking of which, a midwest sports website called "TheFullSked.com" is tracking the Iowa Roller Race Series, and listed these results for the fastest times:

With two races to go, the fastest rides to date are:

Open Men
1. 5:04.3 Travis Jass at Ft. Dodge
2. 5:04.6 Chad Bishop at Harpers
3. 5:05.5 Kevin Severs at Iowa Bike Summit


So, a nice cluster of results between myself, team mate Kevin Severs, and Travis Jass.  It is fun to compete in this manner, and reinforcing to have people notice.

I really do think I have engineered a nice training plan for this season.   Studying for the American Council of Exercise (A.C.E.) personal trainer exam is providing me with additional insight to make some adjustments to my agenda.  I thought I knew it all, but I guess I was wrong...  My eyes have been opened to a whole new level of human potential.  It will be interesting to see if I can get it to all come together.

No comments: