Friday, June 27, 2008

Three day no bikin binge.

Me and my shadow headed down to burlington and did it up Fun City style Thursday. I punished myself extra special Thursday morning, because I knew this adventure would be doing some damage to my fitness. Yes, fun was had.

Met a girl from davenport, who also had a little shadow following her around everywhere. I guess that is known as, 'fun for the whole family'. I didn't get any contact info, so sort of like going out on a solo flyer trying to win a race that gets pulled back in just in front of the finish... nice effort, but nothing to show for it when it is all said and done.
I tried to photograph my shadow, but the images always turn out distorted as can be seen from the above picture. Maybe he is just a figment of my imagination?

Well, I can't make it to the race on saturday I had planned, which lowers my motivation to race the crits in peoria on sunday. Also lowering my motivation is hearing that another Punk Rock Cycling gal got in a wreck and knocked some teeth out. This is just a reminder how crits and crashing go hand in hand. (also a statement about how agressive those PRC girls race, awesome).
I knocked half a tooth out, in the first cyclocross race of the 2007 season, "Village Cross" put on by the late great Mike Zugmaier... may he rest in peace, as I hope for a 'second coming' because the DICE racing calendar hasn't been the same without him. I did win that race, however, so unlike my weekend, I had something to show for it, besides a dental bill (actually I won the hill prime as well, so my dental insurance co-pay was covered by the winnings.)
So it will be another 'grumpy' monday as I will be extremely anxious thinking about how much fitness regional riders gained, and how much I lost by 'relaxing' on a three day no bikin binge.
Wait, it is only friday, maybe I will end up getting some training or racing in, check back monday, your guess is as good as mine.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Shadow?

Chad Bishop said...

My shadow is my son 'chase'... the namesake of this blog. He follows me around so closely, however it is like having a shadow.