Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Where the 'Magic' happens

Ok, now that I have got the http://www.muscatinecycling.com/ website up & running, I can get back to my blogging... and just in time, as the roller racing season is about to get into full swing. Yes, I am ready... and I know you all are interested in seeing where all the 'magic' happens... so here it is...


My bedroom for the 2009 Winter Training season is where I train, eat, sleep, watch tv, read books and entertain the ladies.

Ok, 'entertaining the ladies' is a bit of a stretch, unless perhaps I have some sort of female stalker peaking through my window from the bike path a live adjacent too.

My bathroom is connected to this room as well, so I really have no reason to leave this area of my house except to go to Roller Races in Iowa this year and kick everyone's butt.

Speaking of that, the first race is this Sunday in West Des Moines. I bit of a long drive for a 2 mile Time Trial, but I honestly have nothing better to do. Yes, that is sort of pathetic, but is the dead of winter in Iowa and school hasn't started yet, gimme a break. Below is a picture from last year's event...

The race is actually in a mall, so get out your Teen Beat magazines, because Tiffany will be there singing 'I think we're alone now', along with about 40 or 50 sweaty cyclists freaking out the passing mall shoppers.

Hopefully all of my bedside sweating sessions will pay off as I hope to earn one of the three paying 'podium' positions in the Cat 1,2,3 division.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

please 2 b explaining mall racing?

Anonymous said...

Chad, funny how you said the "magic with the ladies" Because I heard that Jimmy saying his butt was so hot it took your hose to put out his fire. If you know what I mean.

Doug said...

What is the DVD on the table?

Is that a fan or a heater in front of the bike? If a heater, you really are going to be sweating...

Very clean room, neater then mine. Looks like you just painted the walls and vacuumed the carpet.

I see you have your spare wheels ready, just in case you need a free lap :).

Anonymous said...

This blog gets "gayer" everytime I read it.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA welcome back Buddy, god I was hoping someone would agree with me as to how gay this blog is. I sometimes wish Chad keep that block up on us, so it would force me to leave for good. Everytime I come back to this site I am just dumb founded.
Chad I am curious if you have ever ridden your bike in your room naked. Its a serious question.

Chad Bishop said...

Well, I knew this post would provide for some good commenting.
1) Mall Racing explained...is done on indoor rollers, sort of like a treadmill for bikes
2) Doug - That dvd is Carmicheal training systems, yes, I staged the room for the picture.
3) Naked Bedroom Cycling... No, I have never ridden in my bedroom naked, at least not a bike. However, I don't have plans for this weekend, so might be worth a try. Thanks for the suggestion.